all materials used in the construction of the strings are all first quality from Argentina, Germany, France, Switzerland, USA, Austria, Italy Each string is controlled in all processes.
Our handmade work allows us to have high quality and to produce any kind for any instrument.
Thanks to our labelling system, in addition to items in catalog, we can produce various measures and “custom strings “ in order to satisfy your requests. We pack the strings in the Set and singles, in anticorrosive heat sealed plastic bags, in order to protect them from oxidizing agents.
Some alloys, such as silver plated copper for classical guitar, phosphor bronze and bronze 80/20 for acoustic guitar etc., could darken or even for small spots, this should not absolutely affect the sound. We suggest you to keep the strings clean, you can do this with a piece of wool, even before installation.
Because we believe that a good product can be done also with your help, please contact us for any problem, suggestion, information and anything else to the following emails : firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief history of company D’Orazio Strings according to some documents and testimony.
Due to natural disasters and wars, many documents that made up the tradition in 1500 were destroyed. D’Orazio is said to have let the family to be representative of that school, which he founded in the sixteenth century and subsequently all Italian and foreign manufactures have follow his exemple as it is well known in industry.
- 1654 – DE ORAZIO THOMAS (Thomas D’Orazio) worker c/o Cordaro Tiberio Tuzi, one of the biggest and wealthiest of his time.
- 1822 – SALLE VECCHIO. Brothers Roberto, Enrico, Luigi Tommaso D’Orazio (the name Tommaso returns, as tradition recalls his grandfather’s name), are a company made for working sheep gut for the manufacture of strings and wires, which were purchased for both musical instruments and for surgical use.
- 1838 – There is a Giuseppe D’Orazio in Rome, Cordaro, living in Street Torre Argentina. The four brothers D’Orazio moved to Naples. These transfers sometimes seasonal, from March to September, are due to the need to bring the source of raw materials, the intestine, whose transport was slow.
- 1859 – The company made the brothers D’Orazio came back to Salle in Abruzzo.
- 1900 – Enrico D’Orazio received in Paris a certificate of honor and silver medal.
- 1910 – Donato D’Orazio received a gold medal and a large degree of exposure Paris.
- 1920 – Enrico D’Orazio died. The society broke up and only the brother Tommasino, with son Giuseppe, kept on working gut in Naples. Together with his son, he concluted the activity of this branch of the D’Orazio in Naples.
- 1920 – Donato D’Orazio, the son of Enrico took over and continued to Salle the activity with their children Enrico, Roberto, Nicola, with great success and exporting strings around the world especially in the United States. They were called MASTERS of the strings.
- 1950 – Enrico and Roberto were invited to the U.S. to create a qualified manufacturer of strings, and meanwhile they created the ERN Manifactures Musical Strings Inc in Astoria – New York.
- 1954 – Donato D’Orazio, son of Enrico, was born.
- 1961 – Donato D’Orazio died as the undisputed master of the gut strings.
- 1969 – Rosanna D’Orazio, daughter of Enrico, was born.
- 1970 – Enrico and Roberto, due to family reasons, had to return to Italy.
- 1971 – Enrico and Roberto returned to their work in Italy with FRATELLI D’ORAZIO, where Enrico dedicated himself to the production of animal gut strings for Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Harp, for tennis rackets, and wires sutures. Roberto and Donato made metal strings for modern instruments, electric guitar, classical, electric bass, acoustic and so on. And all that led the company to export all over the world.
- 1985 – Enrico D’Orazio prematurely died because of serious illness , and the production of gut strings was abandoned. Roberto and Donato undertook all production in metal strings and meanwhile their sister Rosanna grew around their teaching.
- 2017 – Rosanna brings over the tradition of D’Orazio Family with a complete handmade production of strings for all instruments.